Do you know who has access to your data?
A lot of Calgary business owners have no idea just who is authorized to do what in their IT systems, and that can spell trouble in this modern age. Ask yourself these important questions:
- Do your employees have access to sensitive or confidential data? Would you be able to lock them out of your files if you needed to?
- Who is allowed to download and install programs on your systems? Can you be sure they’re not going to accidentally (or even deliberately) install a virus?
- Where exactly are your important files actually saved? Do you know which computer or server they live on?
If you don’t know the answers, your data is in danger!
Data breaches or infected systems not only could potentially cost you untold dollars in repairs or data loss fines, but could also destroy the hard-won reputation of your business.
In order to truly keep your data safe, you need to have proper policies regarding the access of your data, and you need to be able to enforce those policies. KMSI can help! We’ve seen what can go wrong with data access, and that also means we know how to solve potential data breach problems:
- Vulnerability Assessments: We’ll do a thorough analysis of your business IT systems to find any potential weak points, including learning who has access to what information and how someone could go about breaking into your files. Once we know where you’re vulnerable, we can create a step-by-step plan to correct the problems and keep you safe.
- Security Policy Creation: Together, we’ll determine who should be able to have access to different kinds of data in your systems, and use user authentication, password protection, and other protocols to lock down your systems. Plus, we’ll be there to help you change your settings as you need, in case you want to allow or remove access in the future.
- Mobile Device Management: If you use mobile devices to access work data, we can ensure you don’t have to worry about someone gaining unauthorized access using a lost or stolen device. We can remotely locate, lock, or even wipe a missing device, and easily separate work and personal data on an employee’s device so you retain complete control over your data.
For the right IT security for businesses in Calgary, trust in the experts at K&M Systems Integration. We’ve seen what works, and more important, what DOESN’T. Learn more and schedule your FREE no-obligation review of your security policies by calling us at (403) 274-7848 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.