One of the most important things you can do to protect the security of your business is to invest in a good firewall. A firewall is your first line of defense against cyber threats. It ensures both your incoming and outgoing Internet traffic is defended against cyber crime, viruses and malware that can compromise or destroy your data, and in some cases, ruin your business.
The U.S. Department of Labour warns that 93% of businesses that suffer a significant data loss go out of business within five years.
A good firewall is essential—And investing in the right one is key! A good firewall combines anti-spyware, anti-virus and anti-spam software, uses strong passwords and secure online practices, plus adds a layer of protection that increases your chance of being safe online. It provides the deepest level of visibility into today’s advanced malware behavior. To learn more, contactK&M Systems Integrationat (403) 274-7848 or email@example.com.
Businesses that rely on antivirus software alone leave themselves open to cyber threats. These threats can easily morph into code that can slip through software defenses. Approximately 88% of today’s malware has the ability to avoid detection by antivirus software.
The Wrong Firewall Can:
- Get you into legal trouble when customers’ confidential data is compromised.
- Result in hefty regulatory fines for your business if a data breach occurs.
- Negatively affect your company’s good reputation with clients and within your industry.
- Get you blacklisted, resulting in your emails being marked as spam. It only takes one infected PC to get your entire company blacklisted!
A Good Firewall Provides:
- An Intelligent Layered Security Engine
- External Security Services
- Content Security
- A Gateway Antivirus
- Intrusion Prevention
- Spyware Protection
- Spam Protection
- URL Filtering
- Zero-Day Protection
- Deep Application Inspection
- Stateful Packet Inspection(SPI)
- A VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Data Integrity
A Good Firewall Protects Your Business From:
- Hackers who can break into your network.
- Viruses and worms that can infect your computers and entire system.
- Zero-day attacks where no software patch is available.
- A virus that can cause unauthorized infected outgoing traffic from your computer(s)
In addition to protecting against today’s constantly evolving threats, investing in a good firewall will save your business money in lost work time, compromised data, and by ensuring your good reputation.
When it comes to increasing your business security and protecting your valuable data, K&M Systems Integration knows what to do! For a complimentary IT Security Assessment, give us a call at (403) 274-7848 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. K&M Systems Integration is the Leading IT Support Company for businesses across Calgary and Southern Alberta.